Sisters for a Better Black Community was founded during the fall of 1971 in order to promote a better relationship among members of the Rochester community and surrounding areas. One of our many projects is the annual awarding of scholarships to minority students. Scholarships are available to both males and females who meet the following requirements:
Scholarship Qualifications and Requirements
- Applicants must possess a cumulative average of 2.5 (C+) or above.
- Applicants must demonstrate a need for financial assistance in order to attend college.
- Applicants must possess definite proof of acceptance in an accredited institution of higher learning (2 or 4 years), Business College, or technical school.
- Applicants must have an official transcript from their high school, including available senior grades.
- Applicants must give rank in class.
All applicants must provide three recommendations (forms enclosed with application) meeting the following criteria:
- One must be from a counselor or senior teacher who can evaluate overall academic performance.
- Two must be from a community leader, former teacher, minister, employer, or mentor
To retain the scholarship, the recipient must be actively enrolled in college by September 30 and submit the necessary paperwork. All scholarship materials must be received at the address listed below by April 15th.
The final selection will be based on academic achievement, financial need, character, and leadership ability.
NOTICE: AN INCOMPLETE APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. PLEASE CHECK YOUR APPLICATION AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ANSWERED ALL QUESTIONS!
DISCLAIMER: SBBC is a non for profit organization, as recipient of a SBBC scholarship you agree to certain terms concerning the use of your name/photo in our Scholarship Souvenir Journal that is published for our annual Scholarship Luncheon and Fashion Show event, our major fundraiser.
Copyright © 2023 Sisters For A Better Black Community, Inc - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy